It’s important to support nonprofits all year long, but we have the chance to come together and make a collective impact on November 29 for Giving Tuesday.
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving. In this region, it’s the biggest giving day of the year and the most significant opportunity to raise support for more than 700 local nonprofits. In 2021 alone, our community generated $5.5 million for local organizations.
This year, SHARE Omaha and SHARE Iowa are introducing a bonus fund that will be split among participating nonprofits in the metro area on Giving Tuesday. Nonprofits will receive a percentage of the total bonus fund equivalent to the percentage of donors who give to them, rather than the amount of dollars raised, up to 10% of the total fund. Even if you can only give a little bit, your individual donation goes further by helping your favorite nonprofits get a larger piece of the fund.
Just as you can support animals or the environment, veterans or seniors, these Black-led, Black-benefitting nonprofits are worthy of your support for Giving Tuesday.
- Asha’s House
- Banisters Leadership Academy
- Black & Pink National
- Black Votes Matter Institute of Community Engagement
- Brighten Our Future Early Learning Center Inc.
- Center for Holistic Development, Inc.
- Community Justice Center
- Culxr House
- Eat N' Talk Africa
- EPIC for Girls
- The Empowerment Network
- Financial Beginnings Nebraska
- Global Leadership Group, A Program of Life Connections Omaha
- North Omaha Good News Bears
- The House of Afros, Capes & Curls
- MAYS Foundation
- MORE: Movement in Omaha for Racial Equity
- Mildred D Brown Memorial Study Center
- No More Empty Pots
- NorthStar Foundation
- Pear Tree Performing Arts
- Purpose Transitional Housing Ministries
- ReConnect, Inc.
- Survivors Rising
- Touch of Gold
- The Union for Contemporary Art
- World Speaks