On January 17, 2022, SHARE Omaha turns three years old! It’s been thrilling to see the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro welcome this multi-functional giving platform and expand what it means to be generous – with time, dollars and items.
We’ve seen good happen every day, for over 1,000 days, as local supporters get connected to the causes that matter most to them throughout eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa. The generosity has been overwhelming in these first three years, supporting over 650 organizations, and we can’t wait to see what big things you make happen next.
You may know, Omaha was the second metropolitan area in the country to launch a nonprofit organization utilizing Share Good’s
innovative software, the first metropolitan being Charlotte, North Carolina
. This technology has allowed SHARE Omaha to grow quickly to offer greater visibility for nonprofits of all sizes on an equal playing field.
- More than 650 local nonprofits now receive volunteer, donation and in-kind item support from visitors to SHAREomaha.org.
- In August 2020, SHARE Omaha acquired ownership of Share Good LLC and now manages the software operations for metropolitan areas.
- After the Omaha Community Foundation announced the end of the Omaha Gives day of giving, SHARE Omaha launched the Do Good campaign in April 2021 to promote use of SHAREomaha.org as the giving website for the metro, year-round.
- From 2018, prior to SHARE Omaha’s launch, to 2021, local donations for Giving Tuesday, now powered by SHARE Omaha, have increased by over 500%, proving that the metro’s ability to be generous is limitless.
- Over 275,000 metro supporters have visited SHAREomaha.org to find easy ways to volunteer and give back to local causes.
- Almost 8,000 volunteer applications submitted to local nonprofits
- Over 40,000 wish list items purchased for nonprofits
- Over 2,500 nonprofit events have been promoted
- SHAREomaha.org was immediately activated to allow metro givers to support relief efforts, with time, money and items, in the wake of 2019’s flooding and the current COVID-19 pandemic.
"What started out as a whirlwind with SHARE Omaha’s launch in 2019 has become something the community now looks to consistently for nonprofit engagement. To be part of supporters finding purpose and a means to impact our metro area is an honor and privilege for our team and board. We look to grow and enhance our offerings online and offline to engage even more of the public in helping nonprofits meet and fulfill their missions," says SHARE Omaha executive director Marjorie Maas.
As we enter 2022 with enthusiasm, SHARE Omaha will continue to serve this eight-county metro region in Nebraska and southwest Iowa
. We will continue to expand upon our mission of helping local nonprofits fulfill their missions, year-round, by connecting everyday philanthropists - YOU - to easy ways to do good.
Do Good Days, May 10-12, 2022. We can't wait to share more about this celebration of all forms of generosity including donations and volunteerism!