With 2020 being the final year of Omaha Community Foundation's Omaha Gives, SHARE Omaha is thrilled to partner with Omaha Community Foundation (OCF) to bring to life SHARE Omaha's Do Good Week! As the supporting sponsor of #MissionMonday during Do Good Week, OCF is highlighting their new Community Resilience Fund.
All of us have been affected by COVID-19 in some way and will continue to feel its effects for years to come—some more than others. Only together can we overcome the health, economic, and social impacts of the pandemic and build our capacity to face challenges, as a community.
The Community Resilience Fund is dedicated to supporting Omaha-area organizations serving communities disproportionately affected by COVID-19. It is also designed to complement local and federal aid.
What Action the Fund Can Support
To help address the emerging, long-term needs of our community as it recovers and rebuilds, we will offer grants to nonprofits that provide programs and resources in five key focus areas:
- Supporting enrichment programs and activities to reverse disparities that grew due to remote learning and other educational disruptions
Arts & Culture
- Alleviating operational uncertainty until organizations can fully reopen and restabilize earned revenue through programs, performances, and exhibits
- Ensuring people can safely stay in their homes through legal assistance or financial support
- Meeting the increased need for services and working to improve the overall mental health system
- Helping people gain new skills or education and find employment
Your Giving Matters
A year after the outbreak, COVID-19 continues to take its toll on our nonprofit community. In a report from almost 200 nonprofit grantees, they estimate a revenue loss of over $46 million in 2021. At the same time, many have seen an increased demand for services while the pandemic widened racial, economic, and gender inequalities.
It is on us—all of us—to come together and rebuild a community that is more equitable, inclusive, and resilient.