Intercultural Senior Center
At Intercultural Senior Center (ISC), we work to improve the dignity, quality of life and physical well-being of seniors. Many older adults in our community, in particular immigrants and refugees, have physical and mental health, educational, and legal needs that go unmet. They are isolated by poverty, language and cultural barriers, and limited transportation options. As a community center welcoming individuals aged 50+, we provide culturally appropriate, high-quality services and programs, including:
• On-site activities such as exercise, cultural enrichment activities and a nutritious lunch.
• Social services where multilingual case managers can help seniors access community resources.
• Monthly support groups offered in multiple languages.
• Transportation to ISC for activities and select social services.
• Food pantry delivery for seniors in need.
We envision an Omaha that values the wisdom and experience of our diverse elders and creates opportunities for them to embrace and enhance our community!
- ISC is the only senior center in Omaha that actively welcomes older adults from over 25 different countries of origin. Our staff speaks ten different languages!
- Where possible, ISC offers door-to-door transportation for seniors. Our vans travel an average of 4,000 miles every month!
- Each month, nearly 2,000 people benefit from food delivered to their home as part of our Food Pantry service.