What We Do
Partnership 4 Kids (P4K) ensures its students are able to graduate on time, develop a postsecondary plan, and attain a career that offers financial stability. Ninety percent of our students come from low-income households. We help Omaha’s underserved youth to achieve academic and professional success, bridging the achievement gap by offering opportunities and resources that facilitate their success. Beginning in pre-kindergarten and continuing throughout a student’s education, we provide consistent support to the next generation of leaders.
P4K holds a unique space in Omaha’s youth service industry by offering a holistic range of programming and opportunities that engage the city’s underrepresented young people in academic persistence and preparing for their future. No other organization provides programming and wrap-around services that support every age group from pre-kindergarten through postsecondary pursuits. Our programming begins in elementary school with a focus on literacy and goal setting. We deepen our relationship with students in an after-school program in middle school that continues through postsecondary life.
We stand out as an organization that
• begins career and postsecondary exploration in 4th grade
• begins college tours in 5th grade.
• begins hands-on career experiences and a more advanced curriculum in middle school, including lessons in financial vitality, healthy relationships, and life skills
• begins personal strength and career-aptitude assessments in high school
• offers more individualized programming for high school students, focusing on their unique strengths, interests, and postsecondary goals
• offers college and career tours and hands-on career coaching
• provides individual case management, professional life skills curriculum, and support through postsecondary for over 160 students