What We Do
The Nebraska Coalition for Lifesaving Cures (Nebraska Cures) promotes, supports and advocates for research to advance our quality of life and our economy.
Nebraska Cures is guided by the following goals:
• As the leading advocate for health science research and education that advances quality of life, Nebraska Cures will educate the public on research advancements that could lead to lifesaving cures, stop the spread of disease, support the economy and lead to a healthier Nebraska.
• As a trusted source of health science information, Nebraska Cures will educate the public on sound science, increase science literacy, and challenge health-related misinformation.
• As an advocate for the development of new and diverse leaders in health science professions, Nebraska Cures will support emerging professionals, educators and students through grants, awards, and mentoring.
Our programing includes:
- Community education through panel discussions, presentations and Q&As such as the online lunch and learn series "Talking Research"
- Maurer Scientific Achievement Award - a research grant to an early career scientist
- Holland Future Scientist Awards - to undergraduates pursuing careers in science