What We Do
MSforward is a gym specializing in adaptive fitness for adults diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, other chronic illnesses/injuries, the elderly and sight impaired. We are a large group of individuals defined by whom we have become rather than by our diagnosis.
There is a growing body of evidence that supports that making and maintaining meaningful social relationships support improving overall health, reducing infections, increasing wellness habits, and increasing cognitive reserve. It is believed that fostering of meaningful relationships in an upbeat environment with others challenged with similar issues will increase wellness activities, improve life satisfaction, reduce depressive symptoms, and combat loneliness.
Proposed Solution: To establish an Adult Day Program in the community in collaboration with our partners:
Through our years of experience, MSforward has enjoyed our greatest success through partnering with complementary organizations and institutions. This approach has many benefits:
1. Leverages the skills, experience and resources of other organizations,
2. Increases community knowledge and involvement in the Center and
3. Provides opportunities for Center participants to grow their self-value through connecting with and contributing to others.
MSforward continues to provide assistance in expanding programs for a broader range of underserved populations thanks to a significant partnership with:
• Clarkson - Community Health, Physical Therapy Assistant
• UNL – Mechanical Engineering
• UNO - Biomechanics Engineering
• Creighton – Physical Therapy/ Occupational Therapy
• Fusion Medical Staffing
• MS, Parkingson's
• Sight Impairment
• Chronic Injury
• Adaptive Sport
Proposed Start Date: June 14, 2022
We would love to have you join us in-gym, on tele, or contact us with any questions about our programs.