What We Do
Friends of Extension Foundation in Douglas/Sarpy County supports and enhances the University of Nebraska Extension and 4-H programs in Douglas and Sarpy counties. We support Nebraska Extension in Douglas/Sarpy Counties in the following areas:
- 4-H Youth Development
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Water, Natural Resources and the Environment
- Additionally we manage the Douglas County Fair
This year, with gifts from generous people like you, the Friends of Extension in Douglas-Sarpy Counties & 4-H Foundation supported:
- Food Safety Training Program for urban high school students
- Rainbow Community Gardens at Metro Community Church
- Horticulture demonstration gardens in Douglas and Sarpy Counties; Blanchard Garden at the extension office, Veterans Home, Hospice House Garden, Walnut Creek, Health Center, Eastern Nebraska 4-H Center, the Bee Garden, and the HOPE Garden.
- Douglas/Sarpy Youth in the National 4-H Robotics competition
- 4-H Clubs STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, & Math) Education Programs
- Early Childhood Outdoor Education Programing, including materials and teacher training.
- Printing of various Extension publications
- Douglas County youth exhibiting at the Sarpy County Fair
- The Douglas County Fair in Ralston, NE