What We Do
Mentoring that ignites and empowers the potential of youth.
In-person or online— you can become a mentor! Littles on our waitlist need support now more than ever. Start the process virtually at home --> transition to in-person meetings.
BECOME A MENTOR in one of our two programs: Community-Based or Technology-Enhanced Mentoring
- 1 year minimum
- 2 outings per month for a total of 4 hours (in-person)
- Mentees: ages 7-14
- **Due to COVID-19, mentors may register, interview, train and be matched online. Mentoring in-person, in the community, has resumed with safety precautions at this time.
BBBS Leadership Academy (Technology-Enhanced Mentoring):
- 1 year minimum commitment
- 2.5 hours per month
- Weekly online messages + 1 virtual meeting every 6 weeks
- Mentees: Middle school and high school students
- Register and training: Summer 2021; Start mentoring: August 2021
Serving Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Saunders, Washington, Pottawattamie and Mills Counties since 1959.
Winner 2017 and 2019: Mid-Large Agency of the Year among all Big Brothers Big Sisters affiliates
Support our Community Partners!
THRIFT WORLD - Donate your used clothing and household items! Schedule a pick-up and support our mission today: thriftworld.com/bbbs-pickup-form
Give Shop® Wish List
Mentor (currently virtual/online due to COVID-19)
Repeats every day until Sat Aug 07 2021.Monday, January 18th, 2021
|Read more »|
Technology-Enhanced Mentoring - BBBS Leadership Academy
Repeats every day until Wed Sep 01 2021.Wednesday, September 1st, 2021
|Read more »|