What We Do
Many organizations have closed their doors to due to COVID-19, but you can still mentor! Youth isolated at home need support now more than ever.
Mentoring that ignites and empowers the potential of youth uplifts our community. Join the movement.
Start the process virtually at home --> transition to in-person meetings when safe.
BECOME A MENTOR in one of our two programs, Community-Based or Technology-Enhanced mentoring...
- 1 year minimum
- 2 outings per month for total of 4 hours (in-person)
- Mentees: ages 7-14
- **Due to COVID-19, mentors may register, interview, train and be matched online. Mentoring will transition back to in-person, in the community, once deemed safe.
Technology-Enhanced Mentoring (MentorU):
- 1 year minimum,
- 2.5 hours per month (online) + 1 meeting every 6 weeks (in-person)
- Mentees: high school freshmen
- Register and training: Summer 2020; Start mentoring: August 2020
Serving Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Saunders, Washington, Pottawattamie and Mills Counties since 1959.
Winner 2017 and 2019: Mid-Large Agency of the Year among all Big Brothers Big Sisters affiliates