What We Do
The setbacks of the pandemic are really tough for many kids to handle on their own. Right now, the 1-to-1 support of a mentor can help them move forward. Big Brothers Big Sisters is proud to launch The Big Recovery to help youth bounce back from the pandemic.
As kids navigate the summer months away from teachers, coaches and other trusted adults, it will take the goodness of our whole community to help them get back on their feet.
Become a mentor today! We offer two distinct programs that let you decide how you can make a positive impact on youth in our community in a way that best fits your lifestyle. Or help provide our safe, proven, accessible and free programs to kids and families across the Omaha metro with a donation.
- 1 year minimum
- 2 outings per month for a total of 4 hours
- Mentees: ages 7-14
- Mentors may register, interview, train and be matched online. Mentoring in person has resumed.
MentorU (Technology-Enhanced Mentoring):
- 1 minimum commitment
- 2.5 hours per month
- Weekly online messages and 1 in-person meeting every 6 weeks
- Mentees: Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Benson high schools
- Register and start training now; Begin mentoring: September 2022
Serving Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Saunders, Washington, Pottawattamie and Mills counties since 1959.
Support our Community Partners!
THRIFT WORLD - Donate your used clothing and household items! Schedule a pick-up and support our mission today: bbbsdonationpickup.com