What We Do
Do Good Week is here, and you can help in a BIG way!
1. Become a mentor! Over 40 kids are waiting for a Big right now
2. Join your friends and neighbors across our community and help fund new matches
3. Shop for items on our Amazon Wish List
- Mission Monday: learn more about us
- New Donor Tuesday: become a supporter
- Waitlist Wednesday: over 40 kids are waiting for a mentor
- Volun-Thursday: join our virtual Info Session and learn more about becoming a Big (register below)
- Fund It Friday: help match kids with a mentor
Across our community, kids are anxious and isolated, and it's taking a toll on their mental and behavioral health. Our youth need the focus and support of a mentor. You can make it possible.
Kids on our waitlist need you to help reach our $15,000 Do Good Week goal to help ensure they're matched with a mentor this spring.
Please, do some good this week!
Mentoring that ignites and empowers the potential of youth.
In-person or online— you can become a mentor! Littles on our waitlist need support now more than ever. Start the process virtually at home --> transition to in-person meetings.
- 1 year minimum
- 2 outings per month for a total of 4 hours (in-person)
- Mentees: ages 7-14
- Due to COVID-19, mentors may register, interview, train and be matched online. Mentoring in-person has resumed with safety precautions at this time.
MentorU (Technology-Enhanced Mentoring):
- 1 year minimum commitment
- 2.5 hours per month
- Weekly online messages and 1 in-person meeting every 6 weeks
- Mentees: High school students
- Register and training: Summer 2021; Start mentoring: August 2021
Serving Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Saunders, Washington, Pottawattamie and Mills counties since 1959.
Support our Community Partners!
THRIFT WORLD - Donate your used clothing and household items! Schedule a pick-up and support our mission today: thriftworld.com/donate