What We Do
The past year was tough on many kids. Right now, the 1-to-1 support of a mentor can help them move forward. Big Brothers Big Sisters is proud to launch The Big Recovery to help youth bounce back from the pandemic.
Our goal is to recruit over 204 new mentors by the end of the year. As kids enjoy their summer and head back to school this fall, it will take the goodness of our whole community to help them get back on track for success in the classroom and in life.
Become a mentor today! We offer two distinct programs that let you decide how you can make a positive impact on youth in our community in a way that best fits your lifestyle. Or help provide our safe, proven, accessible and free programs to kids and families across the Omaha metro with a donation.
- 1 year minimum
- 2 outings per month for a total of 4 hours
- Mentees: ages 7-14
- Due to COVID-19, mentors may register, interview, train and be matched online. Mentoring in-person has resumed with safety precautions at this time.
MentorU (Technology-Enhanced Mentoring):
- 1 year minimum commitment
- 2.5 hours per month
- Weekly online messages and 1 in-person meeting every 6 weeks
- Mentees: High school students
- Register and training: Summer 2021; Start mentoring: August 2021
Serving Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Saunders, Washington, Pottawattamie and Mills counties since 1959.
Support our Community Partners!
THRIFT WORLD - Donate your used clothing and household items! Schedule a pick-up and support our mission today: thriftworld.com/donate