What We Do
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska expresses God’s love for all people by providing quality human care services that build and strengthen individual, family, and community life.
Today, LFS focuses on two areas of core competency:
Community-Based Services: Providing Opportunities for Children and Families to Thrive.
• Family Preservation Services: Pre- and post-adoption services, foster care, and in-home services, kinship care, home study, and pregnancy and maternal health counseling.
• Individual and Family Support Services: Case management, crisis intervention, basic needs support, disaster care management, health navigation, access to resources, referrals to community resources, legal immigration services, and interpretation and translation language support.
• Economic Empowerment: Supporting families as they pursue self- sufficiency through workforce development, asset-building programs, and career planning.
• Education Services: ESL and educational assistance, cultural orientation for newcomers, financial literacy and budgeting, Nurturing Parenting programs, and prevention and early intervention services for expectant mothers and at-risk families.
Health & Wellness Services: Equipping People to Live Their Best Lives
• Children's Behavioral Health: Family support groups, individual and family mental health services.
• Adult Behavioral Health: Person-centered, evidence-based therapies to treat mental health and substance use conditions. Includes specialized services for military veterans and their families.
• Integrated Support Services: Healthcare services including medication management and peer support to help stabilize people in crisis.
The work of LFS is supported by caring members of our community whose contributions help make services available to those unable to pay fees.