Golden Hills Resource Conservation and Development
Our work is inspired by the unique and fragile landform of the Loess Hills, which hugs the far western edge of Iowa and serves as a vibrant front yard and recreational destination for the Omaha metro region and our rural neighbors. We provide collaborative, backbone support to rural people and communities to promote and protect land, water, and rural cultural assets in an eight county region in southwest Iowa.
* Your gift of $25 will help us continue to carefully harvest Loess Hills prairie seed to help reestablish public prairies in western Iowa.
* Your gift of $50 will help us organize and host hiking and biking adventures for the community through the Loess Hills.
* Your gift of $100 will help us offset the costs to rural artists for the annual Southwest Iowa Art Tour - which brings vital economic support to artists and businesses throughout our rural communities - and you can receive recognition on our promotional materials for the event held the third weekend of September.
- We work in eight counties in southwest Iowa, including Pottawattamie, Mills and Harrison and have incubated many regional efforts.
- The Loess Hills span more than 220 miles along the western edge of Iowa and are home to most of the remaining, untouched prairies in Iowa.
- We want people to actively hike, bike, camp and explore the Loess Hills and the small, rural communities in the region.