On July 21, National Be Someone Day challenges each of us to take ten seconds to make a difference in the life of a child.
What can be done in ten seconds? We can order a cup of coffee or water a plant. We can hear or tell a bad joke. In ten seconds, we can change our minds and after doing so say a prayer of thanks. When we walk into a room, in that time, we can register the pain in someone’s eyes and begin to provide comfort. We can praise and honor someone who deserves it.
We can also commit to report child abuse. On National Be Someone Day, take the pledge to be the person to make a difference in a child’s life. Most importantly, be someone prepared to report when a child trusts you enough to tell you they’ve been hurt.
How to Observe
- Consider giving to Project Harmony. Items from our wish list will be collected at Project Harmony between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. You may order through Amazon and ship directly to Project Harmony. Ship to: 11949 Q Street, Omaha, NE 68137
- Play a virtual game of Bingo! Click here for more information.
- Make a monetary donation online. All monetary donors (individual, family, and/or organization) of $250 or more will be recognized on our Be Someone wall.
- Take the pledge on National Be Someone Day.
- Use #BeSomeoneDay to share on social media.
Project Harmony founded National Be Someone Day to help end child abuse and bring communities together through education and awareness.
11949 Q Street
Omaha, NE 68022