What We Do
Voice Advocacy Center is a dyslexia screening, tutoring and special education advocacy program for children, youth and adults who are below grade level in reading due to dyslexia. We alos serve children who receive special education services in school and need an advocate to ensure they are receiving an "appropriate" education in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Voice Advocacy Center offers eight year-round programs:
1. Dyslexia screening (to access if the child, youth or adult fits the classic dyslexia profile);
2. Pre-reading skills for auditory discrimination, memory and sequence in sounds
3. Tutoring (one hour minimum 2(x) a week tutoring
4. Adult literacy tutoring for Dyslexia and/or low level reading
5. Special education advocacy (assisting families to ensure appropriate services for Dyslexia and other disability categories)
6. Information and resources on Dyslexia/learning disabilities or special education topics,
7. Presentations and workshop trainings on Dyslexia and/or special education advocacy and disability
8. Handwriting training for those with poor penmanship due to Dysgraphia.
Give Shop® Wish List
|Literacy (Dyslexia) Tutor: Reading is the Gateway to ALL Learning!||
Repeats every day on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday until Sat Mar 07 2020.Monday, August 26, 2019 - 4:00pm
|Read more »|