CASA volunteers are community members advocating for the best interest of children involved in the child welfare system.
An CASA volunteer strives to:
• Identify and assess risks to the child’s safety and well-being.
• Identify supportive people in the child’s life that ICAB volunteers can work with to promote safety and well-being for the child during their time in the child welfare system.
• Help ensure appropriate physical and mental health assessments are completed and that the child’s needs are understood by the family and everyone involved in the case through a trauma-informed approach, and
• Verify educational assessments are completed and educational supports are in place.
- CASA volunteers are a consistent presence in a child’s life while working collaboratively with the child’s team.
- CASA volunteers provide valuable information to the judge and others involved in the case to help ensure a child's best interest is being met.
- CASA volunteers help maintain a sense of urgency to all children’s cases and recognize that permanency (both legal