Project Intentional, Inc.
Project Intentional, Inc. exists to intentionally restore dignity in women and families one project at a time. We are 100% volunteer ran so every single penny donated goes directly to the community.
We have two major projects throughout the year:
1. Hope Lockers - actual lockers in north and south Omaha filled with hygiene and menstrual products. The motto is "take what you need and leave what you don't".
2. Winter Wonderland - event at Baxter Arena where we host over 80 other local non profits. In 2023, we plan to impact over 6,000 lives. Moms are required to visit a minimum number of non profit booths to shop the holiday store. If someone wants to change their life in a day, we know they truly can at this event. Everything from housing to mental health to escaping domestic violence and so much more. Toys are great (and included) but we know that won't break the cycle. They are then able to shop the store and receive brand new toys, socks, baby essentials, menstrual products, hygiene supplies, coats, books and more for each member for their home.
Donations include: toys, books, and other essential baby items, menstrual products, toiletries, and items to support self-care for mothers.
We are always needing volunteers, sponsors, and other non profit partners. In this together.
- Last year, we helped 485 mamas, avg house hold was 4 persons, we impacted 1,940 lives in Omaha. Giving out over $25,000 worth of donations.
- We provide resources to women who otherwise might not be able to afford gifts during the holiday season.
- Additionally we have updated our bylaws to include helping fight period poverty by supplying menstrual products to mamas in need.